2016 Aerials Team Named
PARK CITY, UT (Dec. 15, 2015) – Reigning World Cup title holders Mac Bohonnon (Madison, CT) and Kiley McKinnon (Madison, CT), along with Junior World Champion Harrison Smith (Pittsford, NY) and 2015 World Cup Rookie of the Year Alex Bowen (Springville, NY), are among 15 athletes named to the 2016 U.S. Freestyle Aerials Ski Team. The first World Cup competition of the season will take place Dec. 19-20 in Beijing, China.
- The U.S. Freestyle Aerials Ski Team has named 15 athletes to its roster for the 2016 season.
- The team is coming off one of its most successful seasons to date with two overall season titles from Mac Bohonnon and Kiley McKinnon and two silver World Championship medals from Alex Bowen and McKinnon.
- With three podiums, including two wins, Olympian Ashley Caldwell finished last season ranked second in the World Cup standings.
- The team also brought home the 2015 Nation’s Cup.
- New-comers to the national team include Elle Gaudette (Maple Grove, MN), Avery Driscoll (Rochester, MN) and Nik Seemann (Winter Park, CO).
- Former team members Madison Gorelik (Park City, UT) and Si Ning Chan (Maine, NY) announced their retirements after the 2015 season.
- The first World Cup competition of the season will take place Dec. 19-20 in Beijing, China with individual and team events.
- The 2016 FIS Freestyle Skiing World Cup tour will make stops in Lake Placid, NY Jan. 14-16 for the Putnam Investments Freestyle Cup and Park City, UT Feb. 4-6 for the Visa Freestyle International at Deer Valley Resort.
Todd Ossian, Head Coach, U.S. Freestyle Aerials Ski Team
Our team had a great prep period on the water ramps at the Utah Olympic Park this season. We really focused on the quality and consistency of our jumps for the World Cup team and worked on upping the degree of difficulty for the younger athletes.
We have a great group of athletes again this year and we’re looking forward to what we hope is another successful season.
Kiley McKinnon, 2015 FIS Freestyle Aerials Overall Champion
I think the most important thing for our team this year is to have as much fun as we did last year. I really feel like we did so well because we were having an awesome time doing what we all love. We’re focused on our individual jumping, but we also cheer each other on as much as possible. If we can do that again this year, I have no doubt we can be just as successful.
I’m focused on having fun and taking each competition one step at a time. Last season was a whirlwind and [winning the overall title] was not something I was really expecting, but I don’t want to look back and tell myself that I need to do that again. This is a new season, and there’s no reason to apply that pressure. I just want to land all of my competition jumps this season. If I can do that, I’ll be happy!
2015 U.S. Freestyle Aerials Ski Team
Name (hometown; home club) (skis, boots, bindings, poles, helmet, goggles, glasses, protection) birthdate|
Mac Bohonnon (Madison, CT; Stratton Mountain Freestyle) (Full Tilt, Marker, Oakley, Oakley) 3/27/1995 *
Alex Bowen (Springville, NY; Buffalo Ski Club) (ID One USA, Full Tilt, Marker, POC, POC) 5/21/1992
Ashley Caldwell (Ashburn, VA; Elite Aerial Development Program) (ID One USA, Full Tilt, Marker, ID One USA, Oakley, Oakley) 9/14/1993 *
Jonathon Lillis (Rochester, NY; Bristol Mountain Freestyle Team) 8/20/1994
Kiley McKinnon (Madison, CT; Elite Aerial Development Program) (ID One USA, Full Tilt, Marker) 9/1/1995
Eric Loughran (Pelham, NH; Waterville Valley Freestyle Team) (Dalbello, POC, POC) 12/4/1995
Madison Olsen (Park City, UT; Fly Freestyle) (Full Tilt, Salomon) 4/7/1995
Mike Rossi (Long Valley, NJ; Fly Freestyle) 2/25/1994
Avery Driscoll (Rochester, MN; Fly Freestyle) (Volkl, Full Tilt, Salomon) 6/1/1994
Elle Gaudette (Maple Grove, MN; Elite Aerial Development Program) (Full Tilt, Marker, POC) 11/30/1997
Kendal Johnson (McFarland, WI; FLY Freestyle) (Volkl, Dalbello, Salomon) 3/27/1992
Morgan Northrop (Haymarket, VA; Elite Aerial Development Program) 4/16/1994
Nik Seemann (Winter Park, CO; Winter Park Competition Center) (Full Tilt, Salomon, Bolle, Bolle, Bolle) 8/28/1997
Harrison Smith (Pittsford, NY; Bristol Mountain Snow Sports Club) (Volkl, Full Tilt, Marker, Oakley) 9/12/1997
Zachary Surdell (Marcellus, MI; Elite Arial Development Program) (Rossignol, POC) 3/6/1998
2016 U.S. Freestyle Ski Team Staff
Todd Schirman, Program Director
Katie Fieguth, Program Manager
Dr. David Goltz, U.S. Freestyle Ski Team Physician
Mike Bahn, Strength and Conditioning Coach
Greg Heuer, ATC
Nicole Detling-Miller, Sport Psychologist
Caitlin Furin, Press Officer
Todd Ossian, Head Aerials Coach
Matt Saunders, Aerials Coach
Joe Davies, Aerials Coach
Jaroslav Novak, EADP Head Coach
Matthew DePeters, EADP Assistant Coach
Official U.S. Freestyle Ski Team Suppliers
Uniform Logo Sponsors
To see the full list of U.S. Freestyle Ski Team Team suppliers, click here.
**Courtesy of the US Ski Team**